Thursday, December 3, 2015



Hola, how´s it going. 

Well I just had a great day today. So we had to get in our suits and go to reception so that we could get our visas. They loaded us up on a Mercedes Bus (the church is true) and headed for the Immigration Center. Well the bus was definitely made for Mexico. I had no leg room at all. It was so great to make it out of the walls. It was strange though that´s for sure. bad drivers in Texas would be extremely cautious drivers here in Mexico. I told my companion if my Mission President asks me to drive a car I´m going to straight up say no. Ha Ha Ha. The cops here never turn off their lights ever. I´m sure drivers would be horrified if they heard of undercover cops in america. They also have police trailers on the side of the road. It´s funny because they put that silly light on top. We saw a bill board for a US basketball in Mexico City (The Kings will play the Boston Celtics as part of NBA Global Games at Mexico City Arena), I guess from what I heard the teachers here are going which made some of the Elders jealous. We saw a McDonald here. That was cool. It was also cool because the Sam Clubs here are so nice they get a road sign for them. They have street sweepers here. It´s crazy because they are people on the street sweeping with straw brooms. They look like the cinnamon brooms for Christmas. Anyways we made it and it was weird. It was like a DMV but it is in Spanish. It was scary. We didn´t have too much down time but I brought stuff but I didn´t study because every time they called a number I freaked out trying to translate. My number was 78. The worst ever. It sounds like 68 and 58 so I was tense for about 20 numbers. Anyways we left and came back. On the way back I saw a police officer outside of Office Depot with a shot gun. Sheesh, I guess those rulers inside there were royalty or something. It was nice to make it back.

Its weird because the Radio Plane came around this week again. It was funny because it was during Sacrament Meeting and it was hard not to get distracted. From what I´ve heard it is a Circus plane but I have no idea.

So anyways, thanksgiving was nice. We had a gratitude board where we listed all the things we were grateful for. It was awesome. I also made a Not Grateful For Part. It included and was mostly composed of Mole.  We also had a good Thanksgiving devotional. It was hard because at first it was really glitchy. At the end the Oak Family sang. He´s a good apostle and I´m sure his family is nice. I like the other part of the devotional. So it was funny because Sis Oaks mentioned that two of here daughters were pregnant and I thought it´s not labor day is it?

So during this devotional we meet these too Latinos who were so cool. Elder Juarez and Elder Esponosa. They are some cool guys. It´s fun to talk to them because unlike the teachers they seem to ¨remember¨ stuff better. 

So every week we have TRC which is where we teach investigators who are volunteers from outside the walls. The only thing is they act themselves so if they are a Stake President or a less active then they are a Stake President or a less active. It´s really hard because they are real people, really fast, and for the most part they already have at testimony and you have to figure how to strengthen their testimony. Anyways so we have this one lady and right in the middle of our lesson she smashes her hands together trying to kill a mosquito. It was so funny I almost brust out laughing. 

I have actually gotten really good at killing mosquitoes but I only grab them and then squeeze. It´s really fun but you have to practice. It´s nice because the mosquitoes are slow and don´t bite as much but when you scare them they book it. Weird. 

So my teachers have started to really like me and one of my Maestras told me every time she sees me she wants to play. Anyways so I think I have been getting out of hand too much because we have like four or five maestros in the salon each day. I blame it on my bad puns. Ha Ha. So we were learning about Querer in the past and the conjugations. So the conjugation for ustedes is Querían which is pronounced carry on so I ask isn´t there a song about this, Carry on Carry on Carry on. Oh I love having bilingual teachers.

Well I have to go, I love you lots.
Elder Nelson

Ps all I want for Christmas is emails, marshall, etc, etc, etc, etc, ect, 
Love you lots


No comments:

Post a Comment