Tuesday, December 15, 2015



¿Qúe pasa? 

Well this is my first week in the field and it is.....different. So here´s the story. 

I woke up at 3:00 in the morning to get ready to leave. Yet I had been off and on saying not goodbye to my casamates all night long some leaving before two. Like my companion said it’s not goodbye but more like suckybye so we always just say hasta mañana. We got on a bus and left the walls for good. We got to the Mexico airport which is huge. We had people guiding us through the whole thing until the security were we had a latino travel guide. All in all there were cinco americans and tres latinos. So we had a plan to give out pass along cards on the plane. I got a window seat and then was waiting and waiting. Finally, Elder Reyes sat in the far seat. Perfect two on one and he can speak Spanish. Then a guy came and sat down and as soon as we took off he hit the hay. Way to blow our plan. I can’t just wake him. What am I going to say "Come unto me all the and you shall find rest?" So I waited and after about 2 hours I look out the window to see Juarez. Well it may be the land of blood and bullets, but it is really only the land of every shade of brown. I don’t know how I’m going to do it. They are all clearly in violation of the word of wisdom. All the place is café no verde. So we came to the mission office then the mission home. Wow I was walking into a mansion. For a minute I thought my mission president was Bill Gates or maybe Labron James. I don’t know. Then we had a delicious three course served by a maid. How? Then we got put up in a hotel, wow I want an extension and I’m not even close to done. 

So we met our companions today and area. I’m serving in the Satatilite 1 area with my companion Elder         We have a tiny house. They use it for storage for a lot of stuff but I have no clearance head wise. It´s cool though. I’ll have to buy some winter closes because the second day here it was snowing. Not much because we can’t spare the water but it was cold. I almost thought I was north of the boarder in Canada with Tadd. 

Well that’s about it not much just about. I just know two things its cold and I don’t have anything. I also don’t know one thing and that is Spanish.

Hasta 24th.

Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment