Monday, December 28, 2015

¡Feliz Navidad! I hope that yáll had a wonderful Christmas Season. It has been so much fun down here in Juarez. This week has been so eventful.

So on our P-day, we took a field trip to downtown Juarez. It was a lot different then Ciudad Satelite where I serve. There were a lot of people and it felt a little bit more Mexican. It was a little bit different but remember this is out of my area, Mom. But while we were there we came across a murder scene. I was like "that´s more like it. I was beginner to think I was in the wrong mission." So that´s one. I also saw a cardboard cut out of the pope which was a little weird. I thought taking a picture with him but then I realized, I didn´t have my camera. Maybe next time. 

On Tuesday or Wednesday I forget, I think we almost got (Mom don´t listen) almost got jumped. That was so scary. Both me an my companion jumped so bad. We were walking to another Elders house at about 8 o´clock and we went through the narrow passages between the houses and some guy turned the corner so fast. Whoo who needs rollarcoasters. 

We have an awesome family (mom you can listen again). I met them my first week here and I thought they were members. Our first meeting with them they asked about their kids going on missions. I thought my spanish was bad because they couldn´t be investigators and want to pay $10,000 to a random church and have their children go to a foreign place for two years. It was weird. We taught a lesson for like 2 hours. It was intense. They are a big family too. Talk about a diamond in the rough.

Christmas Eve or Nocha Buena was really different. There is an elder who was in my CCM district. We were really good friends and we got put in neighboring areas. We live super close together so we always hung out. Well he has always had a really hard time being away from his family. I think the Christmas Season really broke him. He had a mental break down got sent home. It was really hard for me. It just goes to show that you need to have a firm unshakable testimony in your mission. This is a very demanding calling. I walk close to 15 miles some days. It taxes your brain to try and listen to crazy people who you have no idea what they are saying and even if you did you have no idea how to respond. Not only that but you have to be a spiritual giant who can teach spiritual kindergarten. It´s hard but it is worth it. 
After that I got put into a tricompanionship. I feel so tiny because I have two Latino, District Leaders, trainers who are over 20 months. Not to mention I don't have a phone like they do so no one calls me on the weekend which is really sad. But it is ok because I have an espiderman phone I can use. 
I had a great time talking to you guys. It was so much fun being able to see your faces. Also my companions loved their stocking. Thank you for the gift it was awesome. I loved all the letters the most. 

It got really cold this weekend. On Saturday it snowed. It wasn´t like the first snow of flurries but it was wet heavy snow. It was rough too because it would change from rain to snow and then back again. We were out contacting in Waterfield which is really far from our casa. We were having no success. Sometimes we would find the address only to be a deserted building. Juarez is super diverse. It´s a transit city so a lot of people will move in and out. So we were contacting and we had high heels of mud because we had to walk through a cotton field to get to the area. Then it rained, then it snow. It was so much fun to play in but then it got really cold and wet and not so much fun to play in. We decided to call it a day and head home but that was several miles. So we hiked and hiked and hiked. I felt like a pioneer, I didn´t think I was going to make it. on Friday we had watched 17 miracles and I was just like point my feet toward the US and remember me kindly. So we stopped by a store and called for a ride. What a relief. The members were so nice that they took us to AaaTiTi to eat. I feel like the song Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd¨ sums it up perfectly 
´´Out in the desert they wander,
Hungry and helpless and cold;
Off to the rescue he hastens,
Bringing them back to the fold.¨ 

So we hung out at la casa de familia Cruz el domingo. They canceled church because of the snow which was sad. So we played games all day with the Cruz family. It was really hard because we played the slap, clap, snap game where you say each other´s names and go until someone messes up. It´s really hard in Spanish. We played with Pedro, Santiago, Juan, Uno al nueva. It was hard. The worse part was when I was uno and I had Juan next to me. Juan sounds like one and uno is one. I got so confused. Sometimes I was Juan and I would call out One and lose. No manches. 

Well it has been a great week full of snowball fights it´s almost like work all over again. It was a white Christmas just one day late which is surprising with the horrible postal system in Mexico. Have a great week, Send me questions of Mexico I´ll send you mine.

Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment