Monday, January 4, 2016



Week four. It´s been a crazy week. It was so weird because I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting and I understood almost everything. I was like whoo coool. The gift of languages is real. It kind of stinks though because now I start to understand better what the investigators say and sometimes they have problems or don´t want the lessons any more. That´s when I doubt my Spanish. I can’t be true they´re saying something else and I´m just having a bad Spanish day. But it’s all good.

Step 1: Understand what they say.                                                      Check
Step 2: Understand what they say when they ask you a question.      Nope. Always gets me. 
Step 3: Learn how to speak it.                                                             Kind of  

This week was really cool. So on Tuesday we were doing Companion study when we heard a knock on the door. First I was like ohh so that´s how it sounds. Then we went and answered the door and it was the Testigos de Jehova. That was so cool. I was really happy I don´t know why. I didn´t really understand what they said but I´m pretty sure it was a holy war on my door step. My companions were super chill about it, I was just confused and cold. They asked us to read the bible, we agreed. Then they gave us some papers and they left but it was so cool.

On Wednesday we went to the mission office to get shot, I mean our shots.  I didn´t understand what it they said but I just know it was medicine we all had to get.

Then, same day I got to touch America. Oh it was so cool, We weren’t at the boarder but we walked past the American consulate and I touched the wall. That was so cool. I´m not sure if that is part of our mission or not because it´s America but I touched it. Then we walked around in the desert and I saw a mountain with a lone star on it. Same night it was like a miracle. I saw and kind of touched the US. 

It´s funny because sometimes the oddest people love to talk about religion. We were walking past a cop and he asked us who we were. Then he wanted us to preach to him. We said that really wasn´t our thing so he started to preach to us. That was fun because I had no idea what he was saying the entire time. Sometimes he would say Jesus and I´d be like yep yep sí sí. But I didn´t understand much. That was weird too because he had a gun but I had a pen, so take that because the pen is mightier than the sword (gun). 

Oh ya. So stuff here is really hot sometimes and my companions make fun of me sometimes when I don´t understand how to eat it. Por ejemplo:

One night we went to a member´s flauta stand which was really good but the salsa was really hot and I didn´t realize that you use it sparingly like salt. But I dunked them so here´s the story.

Vi una columna de flautas, más picante que el sol, directamente arriba una salsa verde; y este fuego gradualmente descendió hasta envolverme.
Al reposar sobre mí boca las flautas, busque y vi en el refrigerador dos botellas de yogurth, cuyo fulgor, alivio y sabor no admiten descripción. Uno de mis compañeros me habló, llamándome por mi nombre, y me dijo: ¡He aquí que naco eres! y se rieron de mi.
José Smith—cuento de hadas 1:16

In other words, it was hot and they laughed at me.

Let see. About the only other thing that happened was the investigators who were so golden dropped us. It was really weird because afterwards the served us cake and hot coco. The people here are really nice but it’s hard to teach them sometimes.

I miss you guys a lot. I hope that you have a great year. If you have any questions just email me I love to answer them.

Love yáll
Elder Nelson

 The second one is the really really hot flautas.



No comments:

Post a Comment