Monday, January 25, 2016

Wow. Wow. Wow. What a crazy week.

This week was really good. I have started to feel like a missionary. It´s weird to think of the missionaries back home and now I´m that weird guy that shows up for dinner and pesters you about being a better missionary. How weird. 

So this Monday we went to el Centro which is the only cool place in Juarez. It´s like a huge downtown open air market. It is cool but also really crowded. The worst part is you have to pay for the bathroom. In my area bathrooms are free and frequent. But its cool because it´s really the Mexican part of CD Juarez. 

This week we had a million meetings. Our mission puts General Conference to shame. I´ve learned how to stay awake and take notes better this week than any other week. For instance we had a 6+ hour meeting on Wednesday. It was ok because we had a missionary conference with all the missionaries in the world. I don´t know for sure but I almost swear that I saw Chase Larson at the Conference. 

I think all the dust here has done something to my head. One morning I woke up and I was in the bathroom looking at my toes. I thought, Wooow, that's a long way down. I felt like I was standing on a 30 ft diving board. So weird. Maybe I´m just growing and not realizing it.

We´ve walked a lot but we´ve also had a lot of good lessons. We had 4 lessons with members which was so cool. It´s a lot easier with members helping us. I think it also makes the investigators more comfortable too. 

It´s really sad because we had some contacts in this one area but we don´t like to be there in the dark. It´s super close to the boarder and really poor so it´s really dangerous. My first street contacts are there but we can´t visit because the investigators have work until dark.

How´s school going? What´s the new ward like? ANY MISSIONARY OPPORTUNITIES?

Love yáll lots,
Elder Nelson
 
This is the after parties we have in Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment