Monday, January 11, 2016




This week was pretty good. Things are going good down here. I think it´s getting warmer but I don´t know for sure. 

I had a really funny experience this week. Well, it´s funny how much attention I get down here. I´m not sure if it is because of my beautiful golden locks or if it is because of my stellar Spanish. But I was walking with my companions and we passed this homeless looking guy. He started speaking English which is when I was like ¡Ay Caramba! It always gives away the fact that he´s just going to give me trash. So he says ¨Good luck, I am an American city. I drink American tea.¨ It was so strange we just kept walking, laughing at how dumb it was. It was like this other time when I was in the mall and a person said ¨Do you remember me, I´m an American citizen.¨ It´s silly stuff like that. I´m beginning to think that my amazing accent is what makes me so popular. 

It was also really sad because we were going to have a baptism this Saturday. We got everything done, taught everything, and invited everyone. Then we had to cancel it because our investigator had a cup of coffee a couple of days ago. That was really hard. Really great investigator but every now and then he has a problem with the Word of Wisdom. Hopefully we get to baptize him in two weeks. 

I got a new compañero this week. I´m still in a tricompanionship but with a new compañero. Elder Navarro got transferred to a new area so they replaced him with Elder Orcutt who leaves in three weeks. I guess I should be nicer to my companions. I´ve just chewed ém up and spit ém out. Possible before I finish my 12 week training I will have had 4 companions. It´s probably my jokes.

I talked in Sacrament meeting this week. So we received the Area Mexico Mission plan this weekend so the bishop wanted us to share it. So I discussed a tiny point on temple work. It was really hard because we learned about it when we got to the church so it was really short. I mumbled my broken Spanish for about 30 seconds on a point that was already self-explanatory. It was good though. This gives us an excuse to visit the members.  

I like to put really really really picante salsa verde on my tacos. I also like to put guacamole as well. Sometimes green herbs. My favorite food that I have had here is Carne Rojo. It´s like a bunch of meats and you add guacamole and salsa and scoop it up with a tortilla. It´s picante but I like it. I don´t really miss much because it´s all here too, but I miss fried chicken but mostly hanging out with you guys.

We usually study in the mornings and talk to people during the day and then sleep. No baptisms yet but probably soon. We can´t knock doors but we can contact references. It´s pretty slow but we´re making progress. We haven´t really street contacted since I´ve been here. We mostly walk. We have a lot of fractamientos or neighborhoods and a lot in between of nothing so we have a few contacts or lessons and then just walk. Because we live in one of the richest areas in the mission we don´t have many people who ask us to come back. It´s rough but it’s a little fun too. 

We would baptize outside but we´re suppose to baptize by water before fire so we do it inside. It´s the same as a normal church building in the US. 

On Saturday we got to have something like a Stake Conference but just for missionaries. It wasn´t that much fun but we learned a lot. 
 
This week has been really simple so I think that is it. I´m reading in Jacob 5 which is really longer especially in Spanish but it’s really good stuff too. Thank you for your questions They are really fun to answer. Have a great week. Keep progressing in the gospel.

This week I found the only green thing in Juarez. I guess that´s why we don´t drink the water. (picture)

Also it is really funny to see all of the super religioso graffiti. It´s like which church did this one. 

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment