Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Wow six weeks has gone by so fast. I don´t know what has happened and I´m really sad I´m not fluent in Spanish yet. (HAHA)

So it´s the last week here at the CCM. This past sunday we said bye to the district ahead of us. We had one leave the week before but this one was so much harder because we knew them for 5 weeks and we were pretty much the only ones in our zone. It´s even worse to think that the new district that just showed up won´t appreciate us that much when we leave. What´s rough is that we don´t have those dumb dumby-dots so even in week six we´ll have missionaries two weeks in asking if we´re new. Its funny because the only way people know if your new is if you are wearing a suit so when you go outside of the walls you look brand new. 

Last night we got our plane stuff. That is when the thought that we actually are leaving sunk in. We got our super mega nuclear waste water filters today. They will last for two years so we should be good for now. If only they had a filter for street tacos. We also got all the paperwork stuff so we get to read and understand that. Half of it is in spanish so I´m screwed.

Anyways, so like I said we got a new district this week which was cool. It´s weird because we are suppose to be the examples or so our maestros say but we know less spanish then these folks. But still it´s funny to hear the things they talk about that won´t be that big of a deal later. 

Today we went to the temple. That was so cool. The Mexico City temple is designed after a Mayan Temple and it is awesome. It is a lot bigger than the one in San Antonio. The best part is that you have to ride two or three escalators to get to the endowment room. They even have a clothes rental place which is huge. It is so cool. It´s funny because I guess sizes are not compatible in Mexico because I got some skinny jeans for my pants and some tiny slippers. It was funny because I was struggling at the vail and I should know what to say. The best part was at the beginning about half of the missionaries forgot their name.  It was an awesome experience.

My companion must think I´m crazy, so in class we learned how to contact people on the street and so our homework was to contact ten people before the next lesson. So I thought, hay wouldn't it be fun to contact the Manager of the CCM´s house so me and my poor companion went and knocked at his door and his wife answered. I was so nervous I think our short lesson consisted of me holding up a pass along card and saying the words ¨I know that christ is our savior¨. Ha that was cool. I asked my teachers before if it would be ok or if it would be rude and they were just like ¨And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.¨ (D+C 122:7) A lot of help they were. We came back today because we set up an appointment and our teach said we needed to follow through with it so we did and she slammed the door in our face so I guess it was a two in one kind of experience. Once again, a lot of help our teachers were. 

Well that´s about it. I guess the next time I will be emailing you will be in the campo. (In the mission field)



Hasta Luego,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment