Tuesday, November 24, 2015



Como le va,

Thank you for the letter and the package it is awesome to be able to hear from you guys during the week. It helps me not feel like I ran away to Mexico. Ha Ha. It's funny because I got spam mail, I think, but it came with a milky bar which is forgivable.

Just a friendly reminder, next week we will be having P day on thrusday instead of tuesday so I'm not dead I'll be out of the walls getting my visa done. It's really sad though because we won't be going to the temple which means we get it week six or we get jiped. We’re all sad.

Speaking of winter, because it is around the holidays and people are in school there are less missionaries coming. It's really nice because that means more Costco pizza for me and less people in the casas. However, because districts are leaving and not coming in we are getting more Maestros. We started with one and by the end of the week I think we will have four. That's what they say but I think my jokes are just too much so they have called in backup. 

It's funny here in Mexico because they have parties during the weekend. We hear fireworks go off all week but mostly on the week end. They also crank their radios all the way up so that I can hear it clearly across campus. It is nice to hear music but it is funny watching the Maestros cringe when they hear the music and I have no idea why. 

We have fun here. We do tall which is like a Mormon version of Rosetta stone. It stands for Technology Assisted Language Learning. It is kind of boring but that doesn't stop us from having fun. We all have code names and when we put on our headphones we ''call in''. I'm flirt to convert, my companion is Green Bean Supreme Cream, Elder Lee and Graves are Bake and Shake, respectively, and Elder Jones is Rat Tail Jalapanoes (Ha figured it out) (pronounced ja lop a nos not hall a pain os). Most of these came from foods we had in el Comedor. Ha it´s a lot of fun. 

 I like it in el comedor. I have rice and beans just about every meal and they´re different every time. Onetime someone split their tray and the janitor came out with a mop and a blue and red flashing ball going wo wo wo wo. It was funny.

So we had some Americans come this week and some will come tomorrow. I saw Hermana Stone who was in my mission prep class and in the temple too. That makes three from our stake. It was funny meeting up with her. We kind of just stared at each other for about 10 seconds before anything happened. 

I gave a talk in church this Sunday. It was so good that instead of having the six speakers we normally have we had 3. It would of just been me but they already announced the others so they still talked. I´m not joking. Sólo Bromeo

I swear I´m not learning Spanish, I´m just losing English. Ay it´s horrible. Sometimes I look at my notes and go ¨What?¨ it´s hard. 

It´s funny talking to our Maestros and learning about all the lies they taught in school. Like asi asi and other stuff I forget. Apparently, it is so beautiful here in Mexico that they don´t even have a Tropical Guide either. All they have is a thing called The Guide to the Scriptures which is apparently even better. Whatever. 

It is really dry up here and we wash our hands all day so my knuckles get pretty bloody. I fear they may send me home because they think I have problems getting into fights. Fortunately, there is lotion. Mexico probs.

So we watch a Devotional every Sunday which are usually just Provo leftovers. Last Sunday I watched a great talk by Elder Scott. The only problem was when he started his talk he said ¨I feel that I have died and gone to heaven¨ It got really awkward in the room. I think I ´m going to add that to my list of ¨WHAT NOT TO SAY ... EVER¨ It will go next to the line “I’m dead tired¨ from Uncle Ben.

Yesterday went Sólo Español. It doesn´t really mean anything but it helps remind you and others to only speak Spanish. So I´m sorry but I will have to only write you in Spanish. Ha Ha. No it just makes me feel better than the new people. I think it is the closest thing to the dumby dots you guys talked about.

We had a real earthquake this week end. The Air Raid sirens went off and we had to run to the green safety circles. It measured a 5.8 but we weren’t exactly the epicenter. I´ll show you some pictures of my casa. 

Anyways, that was my week. How was yours. Write me.

Elder Nelson

The first picture was titles "My casa before". The second was "My casa afterwards. Only me and Elder Tingy made it out so I guess he´s my new companion." And the third is "¡Here´s my mission!"






No comments:

Post a Comment