Tuesday, November 17, 2015



Hola familia,

How´s it going in Texas. I don´t know about you guys but the temperature here has been dropping a bit so it feels cooler in the mornings and evenings. I remember one of you asked if it stinks in Mexico; kind of. It´s not too bad but every now and then it can smell a little bad. 

So I have a cool District and zone here at the CCM. All of us are going to Chihuahua but some north and some south. There is me and Elder Evans, Elder Lee and Elder Jones, Elder Graves and Elder Syphus, and Hermana Currey and Hermana Schroeder. Every one but Elder Lee, Elder Jones, and Hermana Currey are going to Juárez. (sorry if I spell things wrong there is no dictionary and how do I know if my computer just doesn´t like english). Anyways, in our zone is also Hermana Villena (who is from our stake) and Hermana Archaleta (David´s sister). Were all pretty close and I think we have the best zone. 

What is really funny is that in Mexico all of the gardeners that upkeep the CCM have Nacho Libre bikes or at least some of them. It´s really funny because you´re like THAT´S A REAL THING. 

The funny thing about being a missionary is that inaddition to loving P-days you also love Sundays. The funniest part is that our sundays are full of devotionals and meetings but compaired to the rest of the week it is relaxed. 

As part of our training here is that we have a progressive investigator that we have to teach in spanish. It´s really nerve raking at first but you get better at it as you go along. It´s ok because all of the investigators are teachers so if you preach false doctrine they can correct it and you don´t have to worry about sending people the wrong way. Our first investigator was named Alejandra Esquinca. She was having issues with her parents being devorced so we taught her on families and prayer. It was horrible. We had no idea what she was saying and so when we asked questions we assumed she was following the script we wrote for ourselves said si and moved on. Some how we ended up forgetting to teach her how to pray so when we asked to pray and she said no (which was not on our script) we had a major panic attack. The worst part was that I had to say a prayer in spanish and I had only been in the CCM for like two days.  It was terrible. I think that was the only day it has rained since I´ve been here and when we walked out we got drenched. It was a sign from God. We finished teaching her and she became our co teacher. It was weird. So now our teachers are Hermano Villalobos and Hermana zuniga (sorry I can´t capitalize zs, spanish key boards). Now we have Delwin Maldonado (Villalobos) and Darian Torres (zuniga) we´ll see how that goes.

It´s great being her I love all my friends in my Casa. I guess I left Bahama Buck´s but it hasn´t left me. Everyone loves my sno cone analogies and stories. It´s like Mission Prep but everyday. I think the all time favorite is the massacre of the 6 babies. 

I love learning spanish because there are even more jokes to say. They call their fire extinguishers; extincors (or something like that) so one time when we were walking by one I was like: So that´s why we don´t have dinosaurs anymore. Everyone loved it. 

As I was coming back from playing kickball one day I noticed these giant metal towers or status. I almost wonder If they are an old olymipic torch but I have no idea. I´m not even sure if they had an Olympics here in Mexico.

The food here is great but some of the mexican dishes are wierd. Mole is the worste thing ever invented. It tastes like microwaved chiken that was dropped in the sand box before making it to your plate. In other words, it tastes like dirt. Other than that the food is great. The deserts are famous for being a bit tastless but its alright. What is awesome is in addition to today being P-day we also get Costco pizza tonight. Whoo Hoo. Tuesdays are the best. 

I love P-day because I get to wear normal clothes. What´s funny is that we have to wear proselyting clothes to the el comidor so I´m always wearing church socks just so I don´t have to change them. I m sure I look goofy but I love it.

We have a store here called La Tienda. It´s nice because I can get cool little do hickyies here and there. Also they have snacks that I can get when they serve Mole (although Ihave only gotten one skittle bags as yet). The CCM is cool because they give us 100 pesos or 7 dollars a week to spend on stuff like soap and snacks during the week. The all favorite snake is Choke´s which are like chip ahoys. 

It´s cool in Mexico because they sometimes have Earthquakes so all over the place they have green circles with arrows pointing inwards which is a safety spot. There hasn´t been one yet but I   hope I see one before I leave.

We have a well here at the CCM so we can use the faucet if we want but the water tastes awful. So they also order water in the huge 20 L containers so we have one of those dotor office water dispenser thingies about ever ten feet. The guys who drop those off are crazy strong. They carry two on their backs and one with their free arm. 

I love saying Hola to everyone I meet in the street. It is funny because it is really dumb but at the same time it makes me feel not stupid which is kind of dumb. It´s also really fun to speak to the latinos because they can hardly speak any english (some of them) and we are struggling to talk to them in Spanish. 

It is so beautiful here in Mexico. You know those dumb black birds that poop all over the place. Well here at the CCM we have Parrots or Parrotkits something like that. They are beautiful green and don´t poop all over the place. 

So over all the CCM is the best MTC ever. Even the manager of international MTC is here not because he´s on a check up trip or anything but because this is the best place ever. Take that Provo kids. Im just playing but no seriously, this is the best place. 

I love to have packages or letters from you guys. My companion has gotten a package or letter every day and a half so far and no one else has gotten anything at all. I don´t know where to love him since we get food all the time or to hate him since he seems to be the postal´s pet.

Anyways I know this has been long but I´ve been saving it up all week. If you want to ask any questions just mail me a letter and some stamps so I can mail you back. 

I love you lots. 

Elder Nelson
District 5A
zone 5 
Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment