Tuesday, November 10, 2015

10 November 2015
 
How´s it going y´all. 
     I love it so much here. I love Mexico. 
     So let me tell me about my trip here. I took the Aeromexico flight to Mexico city. It was a tiny commuter jet so economy had only two seats in each row. However, there was no one next to me so I got the whole row to myself. It was a little scary because the flight was pretty much only in Spanish so I only understood about half of what was going on. I got a meal though, which was nice but it tasted funny since we were so high up. While I was also on the plane they gave me a FMM and Custom papers. I was kind of confused but it wasn´t too hard. When we landed was when things got crazy. 
     I couldn´t tell where the airport was until we were basically upon it. I felt as if we were landing in someone´s backyard. That wasn´t the craziest thing though. As I got closer I saw armed solders fully decked out on the flight line. They were everywhere. I think that´s when I said ¨Were not in Texas any more tote bag (my carry on).¨ when we landed the people in front of me asked me what I was doing, I told them and then, things got crazy. There were no other Elders or Hermanas on the plan but the six people beside me and in front of me were all Jehovah Witnesses. What my luck. They were friendly and nice but it was so weird. They gave me a card and we trying to convert me. They said that I could even learn Spanish using the JW language app. Crazy. Well I didn´t get a gate because we wern´t big enough so we just kind of stopped on the tarmax and we got off and were loaded in a very crowded bus. The immigration line was huge but at that point I saw two other Elders. 
     Immigration took forever. They had a Mexican and foreign line but when I was about to get to the desk the moved us over to the other line. I don´t know if I won or lost. I guess that when I went to the desk the guy didn´t understand me so he screwed up my visa. It was okay because they fixed it later. I got my bags and met up with a bunch of other missionaries. 
     Since they screwed up my visa they had to drop me off at another terminal so that they could fix it. After that I had to wait for the next round of missionaries since I kind of missed the bus because of my visa. I tried talking to the guy next to me but he basically said I don´t speak English so I just kind of quietly sat there. The missionaries came and I helped them out. I liked this group better. I helped a Hermana with her luggage and enjoyed talking to her but that was before I learned about page 33.
     The MTC or CCM is wonderful here it is so awesome. I live in casa 4 room 3 closet 4. My district is the best Cinco A. In my district there is me, Elder Evans (my compañero), Elder Lee, Elder Jones, Elder Syphus (the District leader), Elder Graves, Hermana Schroeder, and Hermana Currey. We are the best. We have the coolest Maestro ever, he is Hermano Villalobos and he is a blast. He just got off a 3 year mission to mexico and attends college by night but he is the best. No matter what he is always full of energy and the spirit. 
    I love the food here and all that we do. Right now we are teaching Alejandra an ïnvestigator¨ its crazy though. I had so many oh ya moments. Having to pray in spanish, bearing testimoney in spanish, teaching investigator in spanish. It´s crazy. 
    Here are some pictures. 
     I love snail mail. it is always exciting to have things to keep and I only get one hour each week to write on the computer. Everyone else I love your emails but I just can´t get to all of you today. I love y´all very much I hope you have a great week.

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment