Monday, July 4, 2016

So I never realized it was Independence Day until I read your letter. I guess el Cuatro del Julio is not the same as the fourth of July. Maybe that explains why there weren’t that many in church yesterday. 

We had a really fun week. We ended up pulling off a bunch of lessons which I have no idea how we did it. But it ended up helping out the Zone which was good. 

A lot of fun things happened this week. For instance, we were in a lesson with a Recent Convert and his mom came in with groceries, Tomatoes, Tortillas, Frutas, Chiles. So after the lesson the mom left and we decided to have a chile contest. So we each grabbed one of the tiny jalapenos and tried to eat the most. I took a bit and thought. Wow you’re a hot little feller. Then the convert - Who is like a big kid who´s 18 but looks 28 and scary- lets out a blood screech as the heat touched his garganta [throat]. (Sorry it´s easier to spell in Spanish) It was so funny. Of course my companion is proving his Mexican blood by chewing it like a carrot. A this point I thought, this is stupid, It´s hot outside. I´ll have to do this again as soon as I get to the food appointment and there´s no way I´m going to win. So with the tip of my lengua [tongue] (sorry again) burning I surrendered. But the best part is that afterwards. The convert tells us hey look a lot of people think that I´m all tough and that so this can not leave the room. The funniest part is that he may think that but we all know it´s not true. 

So our new president came which was really cool. He seems really cool so we´ll see what happens. I guess one of his kids got married in the SA temple. When I saw that I was like awe man that´s my house. So when we went up to shake their hands and I said I was from SA TX they were pretty excited. I wouldn´t be too surprised if I become the new assistant next cycle. 

The bad part of this day was that when we left we had our best shoes and tie and all that good stuff. Then we were in a lesson at about 8:30pm and it rained but really hard. We couldn´t stay because we had to get home on time so we took off. I tried really hard to keep my feet dry. At this point we left their yard and came to the street and I realized that I must have gotten transferred to the islas [islands] during the lesson because the roads were rivers. Well so much for keeping dry. We got home pretty wet and we live across the street (pretty much).

So even with all this chaos I still had a pretty cool experience. We were waiting for a member to drive by and pick us up for the dinner. We waited and waited and waited and waited. So I was like ok let´s try a prayer and see if that works. So I prayed and then I thought of the scripture that said if we have faith like a mustard seed we can move mountains so I faithed and the next thing I knew the car was right in front of me. I was like wow that was easy. That was a pretty cool experience. 

Now I heard that your testimony meeting was pretty fun. Here´s what happened here. We showed up and there was about 30 - 50 people in the capilla [chapel] when we started. We grew to 80 - 90 by the end which was good. So the best part is that we´re sitting there and a guy gets up to bear his testimony. He says ¨I work in an office and sometimes I like to play on my phone so I go to the bathroom to play. But one day I went to pull out my phone while I was on the toilet but it had fallen in the dirty water. But I really love my phone so I pulled it out. And I know that Jesus Christ loves us so he will always pull us out of whatever crap we get into. ¨ I thought that I had some crazy analogies but that was a little far. It was funny because he was dead serious the whole time but my companion was laughing his head off. It was pretty weird.

I have to let you go. Have a good week and Independence day.

Elder Nelson 


No comments:

Post a Comment