Monday, July 18, 2016



So I hope you guys are not too sun burned. I saw the weather over there and it looks pretty toasty.

This past Saturday my companion got a call from the assistants and we found out that he´s pregnant and is going to have another son on the mission. So I got changed out of Ciudad Juarez. I was pretty sad because we have like 3 o 4 bautismos lined up for the next cycle.

This week was really cool. We had one day where it rained which was fun but it wasn´t too fun because it happened when we were out contacting. We stopped under a tree to try not to get soaked. Two things then happed. First I saw a dog in a fenced in yard that didn´t have any cover. He looked really sad and wet. So I laughed at him. He looked so funny and after all of the terrible dogs here in Juarez I felt good to see one sad. Then he got mad at me and started barking. Two, the vesino (neighbor) opened the door and invited us in. It was really cool because they weren't members or anything but they let us in. So before we left we taught them a lesson and I think they might convert to investigators. That was really cool.

Something that we are really working with here is La obra de salvación (The work of Salvation). As missionaries we see the needs of the ward and work to try to fix it by ourselves but it is a two-man team against a 100 200 300 member ward. That`s where the members come in to play. Really the work of salvation is in the hands of the members with the missionaries there to interview and help where needed. In fact, the members can find, teach and baptize if they want to. The only thing a missionary has to do is interview them. Anyways the work of Salvation is broken into 5 parts: The work of the members, Reactivation of the less actives, retention of the menos activos, Family history and the work of the temple, and the teaching of the gospel. My invitation for you guys is to help in the work of salvation. Everyone has a part. Visit the less actives, befriend the converts, go on visits with the missionaries, do family history. I know that here the less actives open their doors when we have members with us but not when we try to visit without members. You guys have a great responsibility and chance to help in the work.

I have to go but I´ll write next week. I hope that you guys help in the work of salvation.

Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment