Monday, July 11, 2016



This week went by so fast I hardly remember what happened. I remember that on the way here we took a bus route. And.... oh ya I remember something. 

So Thursday we went to go visit a less active lady in the ward. She's from Veracru, so she likes to cook stuff from there plus she has a shop where she sells cheese, meats, veggies. We were teaching her and she says. I feed you on Sunday what do you want. And honestly I don't remember what happened at this point because after a few minutes she ended up deciding to give us menudo. I know that on Page 75 of Predicad mi evangelio it says we should Orar a menudo (pray often) but I had heard some crazy stuff so I was skeptical. Actually, this picture I took is what I thought was menudo.
So the day comes to try menudo and I was really scared. I didn't want to eat the cow stomach soup. We came we sat down and it was ok. It was hot and I was sweating like a dog but it just tasted like a soup of chicharrones (skin and fat of pig) so it wasn’t too bad. 
Anyways so that happened. I did it. I never did like soups.



Last Monday we went back to my old stomping grounds to visit the segundas (second hand stores). We took a picture of the Sierra la biblia while we were there. 

My companion I guess is collecting alarm clocks. At this point he has 6 annoying children who cry every morning at 6:20. I found out that I am not a very happy person before 6:20. Sometimes I hear dogs barking at 615 in the morning and I get up to throw rocks at them.

I wish I had pictures but after we had our coordination meeting on Thursday we walked back through the desert at about 8:15 pm. It was dark and we had a storm coming in behind us so we were walking pretty fast. Then I looked behind me and saw a wall of sand coming towards us. We started sprinting as fast as we could towards the house. I don’t know if the dumb wall ever made it to us. I expected to feel it or get slammed or something but after 10 minutes of running we gave up and nothing happened. But it was cool.

We had a really cool experience with one of our investigators. we lost contact with him for about a week. He was a drunk bum that contacted us and really we were going to drop him but we taught him the word of wisdom and when we made contact again he was sober and we could tell that everything was different. He was happy and not as mental. It was really cool. And the best thing is that at last we get to teach him about the gospel.

That's how my week went. I was super cool to get your letters. I usually get them every month at the zone meeting. I even got one from the YSA which was cool but they sent it to Mexico which was funny.

Anyways I love you guys lots.

Elder Nelson



 

No comments:

Post a Comment