Monday, July 25, 2016


I took a foto of the dust storm. That´s us in the truck. 

Well I got transferred to la chona a tiny little pueblo in between CD Juarez and Casas Grandes. It´s really interesting because we´re 4 missionaries 2hrs away from Juarez and 2hrs from Casas Grandes in bus. (oh if you guys didn´t find it, I’m in Ascencion). My companion is E. Rodriguez he´s from Russia. The branch that I´m in is Ascension. Yesterday 50 people showed up.  

So Monday I enjoyed my last couple of hours in the city before leaving. Tuesday I said goodbye and headed to the offices where we took omnibus to ascension. The omnibus is so much fun because the normal buses here are old school buses jammed with people. So the private omnibuses are a whole lot more fun. 

My second day here we went to an investigator’s house. The whole city here is tiny and they all are ranchers. So when we got there, he had just killed a pig and he started butchering it. It was a little weird because this never happened in the city and it was just in the backyard of some guy. The closest I ever got to seeing it was when you go to Walmart and you’re in the meat section and the guys are cutting the meat into smaller parts. It was cool. 

It was really funny because the chona is known for its dust storms. After a lesson we got a ride in the back of a pick up to go home. I saw a storm coming but it was really weird because it looked like an I. I got really confused but then as the storm got closer I realized that it was a wall of sand. I was like go go go go go go go go go. Fortunately, we got home before it got bad. 

You know how Dad (Travis) always says that he can´t wait for Primary and all that. Me and another elder got primary duty in our tiny branch because the teachers weren’t there. You can ask Marshall what it’s like. Just remind him of the Interact activity at the Elementary school where all of the kids tackled us and we almost had to call in a SWAT team to escape. Needless to say. We were released early from the lion’s den and I don´t think that they will ask us to help again anytime soon. 

I hope that you guys are working with the missionaries. Hopefully you´re the family that they always want to eat with. I have to go but keep doing the right things.

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment