Monday, March 7, 2016

Temple


I hope you guys are all having a great spring. Have you guys had spring break yet is it latter this month? Anyways, here it has been pretty cloudy which has been nice for now.

This week was super special because we got to go to the temple. My companion had three of this converts go to the temple this Friday and as I am his companion I got to go too. The temple here is small like the San Antonio Temple but it´s a lot different. Watching the endowment was super helpful for teaching the Plan of Salvation. It made a lot more sense now that I understand the scriptures better. Whenever I go to the temple I always get worn out really fast. So the rest of the day was kind of hard but I got to hang out with my companion´s converts who were really cool.

That same night we were waiting for a cita at the church when a drunk started talking to us. He was super nice and wanted to buy us some peanuts. So he left and we didn´t think he would come back but he did with some juice for us. Before he left he kissed our hands which was really funny.

Not much else happened. I got sick so I had to go to the doctor and I think I just have a cold but the mission wanted to give me shot medication so I got shot in the butt twice and I await manana for round three. 
 
This week was really kind of slow but we did meet some new people. It´s not hot yet but I´m sweating so I know I'm in trouble. (Spencer's brother asked him if they really have to walk a million miles)Yes, we counted how far we walked last week and it was about equal the the national debt.
 
(We told him about our trip to the Alamo in downtown San Antonio and passing people who appear to be not so upstanding citizens) Wow, sounds like you had a fun week. The crazy thing is that when you guys go down town it´s like what I do on my mission but I actually have to talk to those crazy people. 

I hope you have a great week. What are the missionaries like in your ward? 
 
Love Yáll,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment