Monday, March 28, 2016





I hope yáll had a great Easter and are all geared up to go to conference. I´m a little nervous to see it in Spanish because I rarely understand Holland in English so it´ll be fun. I´ve had a lot of fun experiences this week.

So I was hiking in the mountains when I saw three very old goats. That was a little weird but the best part is that they were fighting chihuahuas. I wish I had a picture to give to you because it sounds weird but it´s true. The chihuahuas were taking on the goats and the goats were like ¨What´s this little guy doing down there? ¨ 

The area here is huge. We walk so much and it is always either up or down never flat. We have an area way up in the mountains and we were working up there all week but on Tuesday we had a lunch all the way down in the other Elders´ area. All in all we ended up walking a good 23 Km or about 14 miles during the day up and down the mountain. But it gets better.

We had interviews the next morning so we were up at 500 and had to take a route to the Stake center for interviews with President. It went really good. He roasted my Spanish a little but at the end when we walked out (our interview was like 30 sec and my companions was about a minute while the rest were like 5min ) and president saw the rest of the other Elders he told them Poco Tiempo Poco Pecado. So that was good. 

I was so confused this week. So many weird things happened. For instance, we were contacting a reference that we got. We went to the house and it had a room close to the street and the door was further back. So it looked like an L but the van was parked so it was a square. Ok now you know the set up. There was a really suspicious dog at the door so we knocked the window. We knocked but no one answered. That´s cool so we stood there thinking what to do. Then a kid appeared out of nowhere. He wasn´t even by the door so I have no Idea where he came from. We talked and he said she wasn´t there. Cool, but I was so confused. The only conclusion I came up with is that he was sleeping under the car or one of the three Nephites is like 6 years old. 

We did an awesome service project this week too. So you know how I was tired from walking half a marathon and how we had to wake up early to go to interviews. Well we had to wake up at 500 again to go to service which was tearing down an adobe brick house and moving the pieces across the street in wheelbarrows. We chilled in our street clothes but we didn´t have gloves or really tools. So I used my bear hands to tear down the adobe wall. It was like the berlin wall but bearhand wall. We then sifted through the rubble, chucked it in a wheelbarrow and took off down the hill. We got a tool to break the concrete blocks down a bit, I was like a giant nail. It was super heavy but it worked. 

Sunday was a lot of fun. We had to give talks. Mine was going to be awesome but they scheduled 10 people to talk so I bore my testimony instead. Afterwards we were leaving for the food and a beggar asked us for money. We said that what we have has no price. So he asked us to smuggle him to California. We politely declined. But it gets better.

Sundays everyone is drunk... I have to go. 

Have a great week. I hope yáll have a great time in general conference. 

Love yáll 
Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment