Monday, August 21, 2017




Ok. So supposedly today was the eclipse. It was funny because I found out last Monday when y’all told me but I didn’t pay much attention until today in the morning a sister called us and begged us not to go outside. She was like Elders today there’s going to be an eclipse so don’t leave the house between the hours of 9 and 11. That’s when we had the eclipse here. My companion was like thankyou sister but don’t worry we’ll be fine. Then we got a message from the APs saying Today there will be an eclipse it can burn out your eyes forever. Don’t risk it. Don’t be stupid. So, I was like well so much for seeing the eclipse. 

Today instead of seeing the eclipse we went to the zoo. So, the joke here is that the zoo is made up of all the animals that the government took away from the narco: Drug dealers. In the zoo, there is an ostrich, a giraffe, peacocks, pigeons, ducks, turtles, a cactus field, four coke machines, and a middle school. Pretty weird zoo. But can’t complain its Juarez.

So, they raised the price of the buses here. It was 6 pesos when I got here. Then it was 7. Now it’s 8. By the time I leave I’ll have to pay a full dollar. It’s kind of crazy. Same trashy buses one peso more.  

We met some Christian missionaries in the zoo. They asked us a bunch of questions. I told them that I’m here in Mexico and that Marshall is in Australia. I lied and said that Heidi was in Italy well not too big of a lie in like two weeks she’ll be there. I think that I left them jaw gasping is that how you say it no se anyways the point is that they were amazed. Pretty cool. 

Sadly, nobody went to church. We invited 29 people and not one showed up. We were pretty upset. I think that the reason was that it rained Sunday and here it doesn’t rain that much. I think that they were more afraid of the rain than the eclipse. Hopefully this week we’ll find some good investigators.

Glad to hear that Marshall digo Elder Nelson Jr got to Australia goodly. 
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment