Wednesday, May 3, 2017


These are eggs we made for Pascua (Easter). Then we played baseball (catch) with them

So this week was an up and down kind of week. 

We had 3 baptism dates scheduled but for one reason or another they all fell. One said that he doesn’t want to be baptized he just wants to go to church. Another is going to be locked up for a month in an asylum for alcoholics. The last one got kicked out of his house by the government so we don’t even know if he is still in our area. This next week we are pretty much going to be starting over again. 

I didn’t tell you what happened like 2 weeks ago. We finished a lesson and we were going to go to the food appointment. This time the food was at the other end of the ward. So, we started walking towards terranova (the neighborhood) The husband of the cousin of the investigator with whom we had just finished the visit with showed up in his car and was like hey Eric told me y’all are going to Teranova that’s like way far do you want a ride. Sure thing vamos. So we start going and he goes left instead of right and I was like oh it’s okay because he drives on the road and we walk through the middle of the desert. But then he made a huge turn on the freeway and we were like heading towards AZ. I was like I think that this guy doesn’t even know where he’s going. Then we show up in a place that I have never seen before and he’s like where do I drop you off. Here’s good. Turns out it was Tierra Nueva. I was like no were screwed. This isn’t even in the zone or stake. We don’t have permission to be here. So, we book it to the bus station. Turns out that all of the buses go north but we need to go west so it was like well we’ll just walk along the road until a bus comes and we’ll flag it down. We walked the road all the way to our area without seeing a bus. Ok that’s fine well just take the bus in our area to the house of the member and when I thought that I see one a block away the bus was taking off. Alright so were going to play the same game again. Walk on the side of the road until the bus comes and flag it down but we ended up walking the whole road until we got to the house of the members. I was like no manches we walked half of Juarez to get to the food appointment in the sun. We walked in like zombies. I wasn’t even hungry I just wanted a chair and water. I don’t know if y’all remember the talk in the conference when it says I’ll walk but if I get tired I run. Well, I applied it. I was so tired walking that I was like let’s run a bit. I must have regained my strength quickly because we started walking again. I don’t blame the guy, too much because it’s like if I say booberry lame and blueberry lane. 

So that was a long hike. This week we didn’t walk quite as much. 

Anyways love you lots. We’ll talk more on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment