Wednesday, May 17, 2017


Well this week was kind of a surprising one. So, we were teaching one of our investigators Josafath. It was pretty funny because for like a week we would show up and we were like today we're going to talk about baptism and he would be like ahhhh again! So we did it just one more time and we were like you have to get baptized and we talked all about the good things about being baptized and he was like OK I’ll get baptized and I was like yes and then like 5 seconds later he’s like no actually I don’t want to get baptized and it was frustrating. Anyways so we keep talking and we end up saying when you’re a member..... and he was like but I’m already a member and we were like no, and he was like but I go to church every Sunday and I was like I know but you have to be baptized so in the end he ended up understanding and was like if that’s the case I want to be baptized this Saturday and I was like I’m down for that. So, it was a quick baptism that almost nobody knew about and Sunday everyone was like what there was a baptism. That’s when I kind of figured out that the ward mission leader didn’t invited anyone else. But it was good. It was cool because the one with a tie in the picture is a recent convert of about 3 months that baptized the Josefath.

Other than that, we got had to practically run from one end of the ward to the other end to get to the house in time. They gave us dinner and we practically finished at like 8:30 with the lesson so we did a desert version of the Olympic speed walking marathon. My companion would have been disqualified because he was definitely trotting there. We got to the house so tired. I was like El....der.....we’....re......ho....me. Its funny because I’m sure that we thought we’re were booking it but the rest were probably seeing it more like the walking dead. There was a point where we were walking and I thought that a cholo was going to rob us. Because we passed one group of cholos and there was another one in front of us so one of the cholos ran to catch up to the other one at the same time we were passing them. I was so tired that it wasn’t possible to run or anything I just gave him a look like I’m tired and you're scary looking and I only have 7 pesos for the bus. It was funny.   

We have a bunch of families with baptism dates but I didn’t tell y’all that because when I do they all fall through and you think that I’m a liar. So we don’t have anything (hint hint)

I have to go but have a great week


No comments:

Post a Comment