Monday, March 27, 2017



Man, well your guy’s week was like really cool. I kind of feel like my week was nothing in comparison with what you all did. So, I’ve kind of been stressed out all week because Monday I found out that Heidi got her mission call but I didn’t know what it was so I waited patiently all week just thinking about the calls. I asked around and was like where do you think my siblings are going to go. Everyone pretty much said the US or South America. I thought that Heidi was going to stay state side but speaking ASL and Marshall was going to come to CDJRZ to be my companion. But no, you guys got really cool missions. It´s cool that Heidi is going to Italy and will learn Italian. I feel like that is the most beautiful language in the whole world. Marshall, I know that they told you that you are going to speak English in Australia but you’re pretty much going to be speaking a completely different language. My companion from Bolivia and supposedly speaks Spanish but I have to really pay attention when I listen to him and sometimes I have to translate what he says to the investigators.

I can understand 70% of Italian. It’s really similar to Spanish; just prettier. Seriously if you understand Spanish you can understand Portuguese and Italian and a bit of French. I sometimes listen to ‘How Rare a Possession’ in Italian because it takes place in Italy. I can understand it and it’s a lot prettier. I want to learn German so that I can talk to the menones here

So, this week my cycle ended so we got the changes. My companion got changed to another ward in the zone. Then they told me that I was going to train elder Yoc. Yoc in Spanish sounds like Joke or Jock so I was like what? but I’m happy to train again. I’m going tomorrow to pick him up. 

We had another lesson in English. I was talking the whole time and every once in a while, I turned to my companion and was like do you want to say something and he was like don’t be stupid I have no idea what to say or how so I was like ok that´s cool. I ended up setting a baptism date with her so that was cool. The hard part is going to be getting the permission from her mom who lives in El Paso.

I figure that the tourism in Italy and Australia is a lot different from here. In Italy, it’s like pretty cathedrals and fountains and monuments and stuff like that. In Australia: kangaroos and rock formations. This week we went sightseeing. We went to a monument where it had the names of 18 jovenes (young boys) that were killed in a party. So, I think that it’s a little bit different. Let’s just say that the tourism here is more like terrorism than anything else. 

So, that was the week. I hope to send pictures next week. Slightly jealous but really excited for Heidi and Marshall.

No comments:

Post a Comment