Tuesday, February 28, 2017

This is the family I taught back in Ascensión They were baptized right after I left.



I feel that this week went a little bit better for us than last week. It's a little bit hard for me because I still miss Ascensión: the investigators, the members, the area. I’m still getting used to my companion. It’s a little bit rough because his last companion was pretty dead (trunky) so he pretty much fried my companion. It’s also really hard because I had my other companion for so much time that I became really good friend with him. 

Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. I think I did a pretty good job. I spoke about obedience. I used the example of the group of Alma and the group of King Limhi. Both of them passed through the same afflictions and all, but one passed with joy and the other with pain and sorrow. All was due to the fact that one was obedient and the other wasn't. Somehow, I got snickers out of the crowd so I think that I did a pretty good job. I would have liked to have an investigator there but maybe next week. It's pretty funny because the sisters here bring about 4 or 5 little kids to church. It's like they have their own nursery. 

We had a really cool experience yesterday. We were contacting and we came across a lady who was outside of her house smoking. Usually when I contact people I feel that I’m bothering them and I have to convince them why they should listen to us and that's usually how it is. But this time we contacted the lady, well really, we just got up close to her and she asked us where do dead people go. My companion was pretty funny because he's pretty new so he was like we’re missionaries and all that, like Russell in Up when the old man opens the door. She was like I know who you are I just want to know where dead people go. It was really cool because for like the first time or second on my mission I felt that I didn't have to convince or present ourselves. She just knew it already. That was pretty cool. 

We had interviews Wednesday. It was nice I always like talking to President and his wife. This time I didn’t really have much to say or ask because we have interviews pretty often. It doesn't usually give me time to come up with questions.

So here is really different from my old area. In my old area, we were super spoiled in everything. For example, in Ascension the Branch President and the less active had pretty much the only laundromats so they always washed and dried our clothes free. Here it's also free but my hands are the washing machine and the wind is the dryer. At least I can wash whenever I want. 

Anyways that was pretty much my week. We also painted a house and found some new people but that was pretty much the biggest events of the week. I hope you guys have a great week. Always read and pray.

Love y’all lots,
Elder Nelson

 



No comments:

Post a Comment