Monday, February 13, 2017



So, this week has been super cool. 

Monday night we left to go to Casas Grandes. We got there super late in the night. In the morning, we along with the elders and hermanas from Libertad went to the temple in Col. Juarez. It is super beautiful there in Col Juarez, we got to tour the academia of the Church. It is really green and beautiful.
So, when we got into the temple they told us that because the majority of the people who use the temple speak English they were going to do the session in English. I was the only American elder there. The rest had to use headphones or the stubborn ones just waded through the English. It was pretty nice because I got through the session pretty fast. While I was in the temple I met practically all of my cousins, aunts, uncles and all. I met Romneys, Calls, Johnsons, and a Hatch but I don’t know if I’m related to him or not it just sounded familiar. My companions made fun of me because I was there talking to one and then they pointed out another cousin and in the end I was cousin with all of the temple workers. As I was leaving the temple I talked to an old guy there. We were all speaking in English the whole time in the temple which was weird for me. In the end, he laughed and told me “Man your English sucks.” I was like yeah, I guess so. It was a pretty good visit.

Tuesday, the granddaughter of one of the members got back from a mission. The branch treats us just like we are members of the branch so they forced us to go to it. It made all of us super dead and trunky. The whole time we were thinking about what it would be like to go home or the last cycle and all that stuff. It was a little weird.

Wednesday, we went to casas again for zone meeting. I don’t know if I told you guys this but recently they changed the meetings from lunes to miercoles. So, we went back to Casas and spent the majority of the day there.

Thursday, one of the less active old people in the ward died. We had to go to the funeral. I wasn`t so happy to get forced to go to another funeral. At this point of the week we had like 2 lessons and we had to get to 30. The branch President told us if you have an appointment cancel it to go to the funeral. It was pretty boring. We just stood there and directed the people around. I felt more like security than missionary.
Friday in the morning I played Lawyer. Me and my companion we went around to all of the government buildings here in the pueblo fixing up all of the paper work so that a family we are teaching can get married Feb 14. (here they lower the prices valentine’s day). It was pretty frustrating because every time we call them they always say that the deadline is tomorrow. Always, if we call Monday its Tuesday, Wednesday its Thursday, and it always happen this way. Anyways we got everything done.  Signatures, witnesses, copies. I felt just like a lawyer but, like I told my companion, a poor lawyer because we had to walk everywhere.
So, we pretty much just worked Saturday and Sunday.
Sunday, we got changes. I`m going to go to Juárez again. I’m not too excited that its Juárez but it`s time to leave this little town. I`m leaving tomorrow in the morning so I`ll tell you guys about it next week. My companion is going to train an American so I`m excited for him. That makes me grandpa.
 
I’ll send fotos next week.
Love y’all lots

No comments:

Post a Comment