Monday, January 2, 2017



So, this week has been pretty interesting we had a pretty good week as far as lessons. Monday we went to Casas because we were going to have an activity of eating sandwiches as a zone. It ended up getting canceled by President. I think he canceled it because it was stupid to start with but the poor elders had already bought all of the stuff so we pretty much had the activity just that we had to get the sandwiches and go but as we the choneros didn´t have anywhere to go until 7 we stayed at the church anyways. 

We were going to have a baptism this Saturday but it fell through. The husband doesn´t believe us and doesn’t want his wife to get baptized but the wife does. It was a super intense lesson because the spouse was there and pulled out a bunch of scriptures saying that we are from the devil. At the end, he said that we could only teach her if we bring sister missionaries but they live like 2 hours away by bus. It was pretty hard.

The good news is that we have plans to baptize a family this Saturday. They are really cool. They are the ones who don’t speak Spanish. I’m really excited that they are going to get baptized. 

So yesterday at night they gave us the changes. I was pretty nervous that I was going to get the boot because I have 6 months here but I was spared and me nor my companion had changes. The district leader is going to Libaron where there are a lot of polygamists so I got left in charge of the district. So, he was supposed to leave at 3pm today but the people are blocking the streets and are on strike because Mexico raised gas to $3.76 which is really expensive there but here it’s worse because they earn really little. So, he should leave tomorrow or next week who knows. But don’t worry because I haven´t seen anything going on here. It’s a nice peaceful town just that the trucks can’t get around.

Other than that, it has been really normal. I hope that you guys have a great week. hopefully this year will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment