Monday, January 9, 2017



So, this week was really, really, really awesome. We got to baptize a family this Saturday. It was a really special moment. I think that you guys remember when we talked on Christmas Eve, I told you guys about a family that doesn´t speak Spanish very well. So, they were the family that was baptized this Saturday. It was cool, I got to baptize the father, my companero the mother and one of the recent converts got to baptize the kid. It was a really special moment. It was funny because my companion had to baptized the mom twice because she´s pregnant and her belly stuck out of the water. Other than that, it was pretty awesome. Lots of members and investigators came so I was pretty happy. I had to stand the whole time because there wasn´t room for me. It was a cool experience. I think that that was the coolest thing that happened this week. It was the first time baptizing for me, my companion and the recent convert.
Other than that, nothing really excited happened. The elder who had changes left Tuesday in the night. He got to do the baptism interview before leaving then at about 10:00pm a member came from Juarez and took him and some other missionaries to Casas Grandes. I don’t know if he made it to Buenaventura because it was a bit bigger there; the blockade. They finished up the blockade Thursday morning. There was a line at the gas station all the way down the main road. From what I heard they still have the government offices shut down. Water, gas, light, rent. Friday the solders tried to take the rent office over again but the pueblo put a semi-truck in front of the building blocking the path and in the end the army left. Ascension has a pretty good story about keeping the government out of their lives.
Oh, my district is pretty cool because we are all from different countries. US (the best), Mexico, Guatemala, y Colombia.

Well I´ll see y’all next week. I’ll try sending you letters I have like 4 written but I couldn´t send them so y’all will probably get it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment