Monday, September 5, 2016

Sounds like you guys are all having a fun week. I hope that you guys are doing well in school/Spanish. And that yáll are helping out Elder Ramsden and Elder Vaitai with yálls missionary work in yálls ward. 

Well this week was a lot of work. We had a lot of lessons with our investigators. We have one youth who is listening to us. He´s really good about reading and all but we can’t baptize him because here we can baptize until they hit 18 yrs. 

We had our stake conference this week end. It was the first time that they broadcasted the session to the ascension branch. We are one of the very few that receive broadcasts. We were really blessed not to have to wake up early to make it to the conference on time. Here and in Juarez everyone has to go to the stake center they don´t broadcast. They only do it for us because we are super far. Still there are other pueblos that have to show up because they don’t have this opportunity. The bad thing is that I don´t think that this branch understands how blessed they are. The conference was at 10 and we were running late so we showed up at 950. The gate was closed and we were the first to get there. We called the Pres de rama and a counselor showed up. We got everything set up at about 1005 with about 6 people there. It was a little bit painful to me that when we set up the and turned it on the president was saying how blessed we were in Ascension to have this opportunity. I almost kind of wished that they wouldn´t bless us so much when we´re so unworthy of the blessings we have. About 40 people showed up but only about 20 adult members. None of our investigators showed up so I was a little bit disappointed.

Afterwards we went on the hunt of less actives. I felt more like a spy than a missionary trying to get information but never finding the person. It was a good week but super heavy. 

Well I hope that you guys have a great vacation. I´ll spend my vacation here in Dublan. Maybe work on my Labor Day but I don´t think so. Love yáll 

No comments:

Post a Comment