Monday, September 26, 2016


So I finally got everything done with the elections (registering for an absentee ballot) and all of that which is nice. I had to take out money again because my super amazing 99 cent Walmart flip flops bit the dust. I had to use them for the past week but I end up walking around the house like a fool trying to keep them on. I’m sure my companion had a good laugh. 

So this week we put our knuckles to the door and started contacting a bunch of people. We found about 9 families which was really cool. It was funny because we knocked one door and the people inside without even looking said come on in. We were like you don´t even know who we are. A 4-year-old toddler came up to the door to open it but when he saw us he ran off and never came back. It was pretty funny. There was another person that we knocked her door and an old lady came out and talked to us. She talked and talked and talked and talked. We practically had a lesson and we hadn’t even presented ourselves. 

This week it got rainy and today it is really cold. My poor companion ended up getting a cold but the worst was Thursday when we left the food appointment in the other elder´s area and had to walk to Timbuctoo. We barely started when it started to rain. We started running and took cover under trees and stuff like that. We almost got to our area when an old lady invited us in. I don’t know what it was with our luck of finding old ladies but here´s another one. She was super nice but talked and talked and talked. Not like the other one. The other one was cool, but this poor lady told us four things about four times She kept telling us that we were going to say ¨why did we go with this crazy old lady she´s crazy¨ It was super funny. When we did get to the appointment they weren’t there and they left us in the rain. My poor companion. 

Well I´m super excited about General Conference. I wish I could have gone to the women´s session but I had to go out to work. The good thing is that we only have to wait one week more. I hope that you guys are just as excited. ¡Animo! as my president says. 

I have to go because my time is short but I hope that you guys keep working with the missionaries and that you enjoy the conference. I really, really hope that the branch shows up because yesterday at 1030 there wasn´t one person in the sacrament room (I think that´s how you say it) [pretty sure he means chapel]. I love yáll mucho. Cuidese 

Élder Nelson
Ascensión 1
Misión Ciudad Juárez México


No comments:

Post a Comment