Monday, September 12, 2016


Here we are teaching English and out working in the field.



How´s it going? I hope yáll had an awesome week and that your teachers aren´t too mean or give yáll a bunch of homework. 

The weeks keep going by faster and faster. Every Monday I´m surprised that I’m back at the computer screen. We had a pretty good ma o meno week. We had a few good lessons. One of the lessons that we had was with a lady named Alejandra. She is like a member but has never been baptized. The funny thing is that every time we finish the lesson we ask her who or whom she would like to say the prayer. And every time she chooses me. It´s like a rerun or something because she always turns to me and says Hermano Nelson. Me, again are you sure. And then my companion say ni modo, oh well. It´s pretty funny. The best part is that there is another lady that we visit that always asks my companion to pray so toshave. 

We went to the chapel to wait for an investigator to show up. While we were there my companion had to doo some business in the bathroom. I also had to go so we went in and opened the first stall. It was a bowl of hot chocolate that was not good looking so we went to the next, and the next. It was a nightmare. We decided that maybe the women’s bathroom would be better. Now since we were the only ones in the whole building the men and women’s signs did not apply. But even then we went into the women´s bathroom and it was worse. So my companion had to pick his poison. I decided to hold it. It was a good thing that my companion went in the men’s because about 3 minutes later the cleaning crew showed up and it would have been awkward to walk out of the women´s restroom. We bid then good bye and good luck and left. Moral of the story, flush. Moral #2 don´t go in the women´s bathroom. 

We taught RS this Sunday. We talked about the work of salvation and the need we have of the members to work with us. It didn´t go too well. The sisters got super hostile with us. I guess this answers the question that my dad gave me: Why was king Noah "wroth" when Abinadi spoke against him and Alma "grieved" when Korihor spoke against him, and what is the difference between being wroth and grieved? When we taught them we didn´t try to roast them or anything but they became wroth with the words we used. When we told them they are an important part of the work they got angry. One of the sisters in the branch is La Coca. Sometimes I feel like she is the leader of the branch mafia. She doesn´t have a calling or anything but everyone fallow, follow, follews, le sigue, her. It was had because when they spoke out against us and what Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley said. It grieved us. Afterwards the President of the RS told us don’t be sad if the RS doesn´t help us and to enjoy our missions. It was a bit disappointing.

What was really funny is that during the lesson my companion said I have gained the confidence of many women and then he realized how bad that sounded and he had to correct it and say of you guys. Right after this he must have been a little flustered because he got mixed up and said you have been like my sons and I have been like your mother. When he really wanted to say I have been like your son and you guys as my mother. It was really funny. 

Well I have to go but I want to remind you guys to help the missionaries in your ward and to magnify your callings. 

I love yáll lots




No comments:

Post a Comment