Monday, October 16, 2017

Last week in the mission field



Last week in the mission field! 

So lots of things have happened this week. On Monday I went downtown and spent the day there. Going downtown is like the only cool thing that I can do all week and even then it’s not even cool at all. 

Tuesday I was going to go to the temple with Elder Yoc but on Monday I learned that there was going to be a meeting at the same time. So I sent my companion with Elder Yoc and I stayed around in the offices until it was time for the meeting. First we went to the grocery store to eat bread for dia de los muertos. (I thought that was super timely) Then we went to central park and did scripture study there. Then we went to the meeting for the people who are going home. There are 8 of us that are going home. It was pretty cool.

During the week we worked really hard and had 14 new investigators. It was crazy because we had almost 30 lessons. One day we had 9 lessons. It was pretty crazy. We also have been going to this tire shop and we put 3 dates for baptism. Too bad I won’t be here for that. It’s kind of funny because their names are Adolf, Martin, and White Dude. Weird right. That is something that is really common that they call each other white, black, Chinese, skinny, fat, short, tall. The funniest part is that we’re in a lesson and we say do you think that your wife wants to listen and he’s like yeah hey Fatty get over here and a super skinny lady walks in. We’re like are you joking but I guess that’s the way they show love here. 

Sundays crack me up here. Last Sunday we had a birthday party for a toddler and this week we were singing the first hymn. The piano guy was playing but he missed a whole chunk of the last line. So we’re singing and singing and then the song ends and we’re like wait we’re not done with the first line. And he starts the second line and we are like so do we finish the first line or are we moving on to line two? Line one we sang and then 2 and 3 was a piano solo because we  were all too confused to sing. I mean it’s bad if the missionaries aren’t singing. Line 4 was like finish strong so we sang what we could until the music stopped. Super funny. So in priesthood the dad of the piano guy was teaching us to sing the song but when he played it the second time it was still weird but there was enough music to spread the words out 

Also on Sunday the bishop told the whole ward that this was my last Sunday (next Sunday is stake conference). So he made me give my testimony again-2 weeks in a row. Afterwards the whole ward was like see you, bye and don’t get married in a week and weird things like that. It was funny.

So that was my week. I hope you all have a good day. I’ll see half the family in like a week and a half. 

Que se cuiden mucho,
Élder Nelson
Azteca 2
Misión Ciudad Juárez México

No comments:

Post a Comment