Saturday, October 14, 2017

Good afternoon,

So this week was actually pretty fun. We had a cool experience that happened to us. Martin, our investigator, lives in front of a tire shop. Sometimes he goes over there to hang out with his friends. We went looking for him and we found him in the tire shop. We started teaching his friends and in the week we ended up finding 6 new people in that shop to teach. It was pretty crazy. We were teaching them like crazy because they were probably the nicest and most opened people we have ever met. By the time the week ended we finished teaching lesson 1, 2, 3, and the WoW. We invited  them to church and out of the six, two ended up coming which was really cool. We talked to them afterwards and they said that they really like the church. 

I don’t remember if I told y’all about Ruben. The thing is that he drinks and takes drugs and stuff like that but wants to stop. We have been teaching him for some days now and we gave him a blessing to stop drinking. The next day we asked him how it was going not drinking. he told us that he was throwing up all night because of the alcohol and that it wasn’t as tasty as before. That was cool. Well, more cool for us than him. Then we blessed his house because it was a little bit haunted. Before when I went in the house I would feel uncomfortable but right after the blessing it changed so much that I felt so comfortable that I could stay all night. Pretty cool miracles right.

Well, that was the week. Ah funny thing that happened in church. We’re in the second hour and I’m teaching Gospel Principles and a brother told me that we had to finish up quick because everyone was waiting for us. I thought that was weird because I had 10 minutes more of class. As soon as I said that we were going to have to end early everyone got super talkative and started making commentaries. So I had to shut everyone up and go see what was up. We leave the class and in the room where everyone was there was a giant cake. I was like are you kidding me? It’s the middle of fast Sunday and they’re going to eat cake. So, apparently the girl of the former bishop was turning 1 year old and they gave everyone cake. So that was our priesthood class. Singing happy birthday to a 1 year-old and only me and my companion rejecting the cake. ah crazy.

Hopefully that wasn’t like your Sunday.

Love y’all lots

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment