Monday, November 28, 2016


Well happy Thanksgiving. I don´t want to brag but I’m pretty sure my Thanksgiving was the best one in the mission. Wednesday, we got a call from Pres. Bluth. He´s one of the old Branch presidents that lives in Ascension but goes to Dublan. He called us up and invited us up to his ranch for thanksgiving dinner. We got there and as soon as we got to the door it was like entering Salt Lake City Utah. Beautiful house, blondies, and English. They were like ¨Hi elders come on in¨ That´s when I knew it was going to be great. There was the hermano, hermana and their kids, 2 from Dublan one from Utah and one from Texas. That was really cool because I’m from Texas and the other American in the district is from Utah. It’s really interesting because E. Wilson, my companion, and I, we all speak English. The other companion speaks very little. It was a bit backwards from normal. We started speaking English but by the end I gave up and we ended up eating Ham, turkey, chicken, Mac and cheese, rolls, oh , rolls, stuffing, and a bunch of other stuff that I already forgot about. So, we loaded up and started to eat. E. Jimenez el MX was pretty astonished. He loaded up his plate until their wasn´t any more room. It was really funny because he was really happy. Afterward he went for the Jell-O like three times. We told him to slow down because we still had the pies ahead of us but I don´t think that he really understood that the pies are like round two. We did that thing where you say what your grateful for. I heard something about Kohls skinny jeans and other weird stuff that they don´t have here in Mexico. Afterwards we ate pie. I had pumpkin, pecan and an oreo cream pie. I also had blue bell ice cream. That was cool. Elder Jimenez like I said wasn´t really expecting the pie but he loaded up anyways. 5 minutes later he was stuffed and couldn´t eat any more. it was pretty funny. So, with a full belly we went back to town flying down dirt country roads in a Polaris or one of those half cars half go carts.

The kids had a primary program this Sunday. It was really cool to see the kids acting and singing. Their theme was Yo sé que las escrituras son verdaderas. I know that the scriptures are true. It was really neat. We also got to teach the primary about the sacrament. that was fun. 

Well I’ll let y’all go. I hope that you have a fun vacation. Stay safe in school. Keep up the good work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment