Monday, November 14, 2016






So this week was really quite interesting.
This Wednesday was really weird but cool. We are trying to marry a family from Guerrero, our Oaxacitos. So in the morning we went to the county presidency and asked what we need to do to get married. I never thought that I would do that on my mission. It was a little fun.
Then in the afternoon I got a call from somebody we met in Casas who went to the States and was going to bring something back for us. I went to the plaza where we were going to meet up. We went and the sister got out of the car. She gave us a dozen of glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme for which I was super happy. Her boyfriend also got out of the car. I started talking to him and he told me that he´s from Utah but that right now he lives in Nashville. I found out that he´s 25 yrs old and that he served a mission in Chile. I was like that´s cool. I told him I’m from Texas and he told me that he has a sister serving a mission in Houston. I asked what was her name. He told me Jazzi. That´s not what I meant but cool right. I asked for the last name. Hermana Archuleta. I was like oh ok ohh ohhh so your David Archuleta right. I think that he must of thought I was stupid for not recognizing him right away. Sorry. At that point it clicked and I was like wow, David Archuleta came to the chona to bring me donuts from Krispy Kreme, what a great day. He then asked me if he could take a picture of us to send to his sister. I said sure that´s ok. It was a great day. I then went to the house and watched Meet the Mormons and when the song came on It´s Like a Symphony I was like ¨I know that guy, he brought me donuts¨
Jueves was fun because we had an activity in the branch. All of the missionaries in the zona came to the chona to find menos activos. I ended up going on visitas with Hno Robinson from the stake presidency and a new elder that just got here that had the same teacher in the CCM as me. It was really good. We only had time to visit two less actives but it was good.
Saturday, we went to Janos which is a pueblo in our area. It was the first time I have actually been there. We had to go do my Visa again because one year has passed. The secretaries that were going to accompany us showed up later than expected so we went to work and started contacting. It was really fun because I felt like one of the first missionaries who went to the towns and preached. They were really receptive which was awesome we had two lessons and 3 contacts in about 2 hours. I was really sad that I couldn´t stay and preach in Janos more. We had to catch a bus to Casas.
Sunday was hard because nobody showed up. We had a conference with all of Mexico where Elder Nelson and Hales spoke. It was really cool. But no one came which was sad. We went to the house to change afterward. Our landlady was in the bakery and gave us muffins. It was as if God said here you deserve a muffin for all the work you did.
This week was busy but good we reach almost all of our key indicators and had a total of 26 lessons. Overall it was a good week. I hope that you guys keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment