Monday, June 13, 2016



So like I said last time I got transferred out of the Mountains. I got moved to Parajes del Sur in the Stake Las Torres. My new companion is Elder Lopéz. He is from Yucatán. It´s really funny because when I got here the first thing I thought was ¨wow we’re really far out here¨. My area is really far from the offices. It´s really funny because my area is like a neighborhood. When the neighborhood stops there is pure desert. and at the very end of the desert is the capilla (chapel). It´s a little bit different from other areas I´ve had. 

My first day here we went out and met some people, worked, contacted. We came home and it was hot so I wanted to take a shower. I turn on the tap... nothing. ¨Uh Elder, there´s not any water. ¨ ¨Oh yeah that happens sometimes.” ¨ So I didn´t take a shower, or wash the dishes, or use the bathroom, or drink water. The next day I woke up and the water was back, which was a good thing because I was holding it all night. Then we get back the second day from work, I turn on the tap... nothing.  ¨Uh Elder, there´s not any water. ¨ ¨Oh yeah that happens sometimes.” ¨ So I didn´t take a shower, or wash the dishes, or use the bathroom, or drink water. The next day I woke up and the water was back, which was a good thing because I was holding it all night. Then we get back the third day from work, I turn on the tap... and there was water. Hallelujah. 

Anyways, that was a fun week. We actually have a lot of people here getting ready to be baptized soon. I don´t know how we will fill up the pila but they had a baptism last week so hopefully they still have something left in there to use. 

Sunday came we took a route to go to church. We got there and had to give talks. I have to say this chapel is huge. It almost looks American. I gave my talk on less actives. It was going great for a 24 hr notice talk. (I don´t know why it matters that it´s 24 hrs, we all just write it 5 minutes before church anyways.) I was using the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15. I was half way through the story in verse 20 when I look up, talk and go back down to read. I lost my place and ended up reading 21 in chapter 16 which said  
“21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.”
It was supposed to say something about a prodigal son but it ended up talking about a dog. Not to mention the words crumbs, moreover, licked and sores are pretty hard to read in Spanish. I was really confused. ¨This isn´t what I studied¨ Then I realized my mistake. I just said my bad, they mocked me and we moved on. It was all good.

That´s about all. I saw your pictures of the beach. I bet you guys didn´t know I went to the beach too. I just decided not to go in the water and tan instead. 

Elder Nelson


Pictures
1) Way home after church
2) Do you guys see a problem with the picture?


No comments:

Post a Comment