Monday, July 24, 2017

So this week was a pretty good week. We actually had a really cool spiritual experience this week. 

So on Monday we were contacting in the street and we stopped and started talking to this one guy. We invited him to hear the message and he said sure so we started talking. We shared the message and all and it felt normal. We made an appointment and left. Then we got a phone call from a sister who lives in a different ward in a different stake in the mission. Last week she had wanted to go with us to visit her friend who lives in our area. We were planning on meeting in the towers but because of her schedule we never really got to go to the reference. The week before she had canceled like three times. She calls us and is like did you guys contact this guy. I was like yesss. And she was like this was the reference. Apparently that night she posted the Book of Mormon in Facebook and her friend was like look what I have (the Book we had given him). the friend thought that the member had sent us to find him and she was like no they just follow the spirit and showed up´. That was pretty cool.

Other than that, we have been fighting against dust storms all week. Last week was wet and this week dusty. I sent y’all a video of the companionship in the adjacent area when the storm hit. Crazy right. When we got hit I was walking past a spot where the bus always picks up the factory workers and I saw that someone had dropped their safety glasses. Oh, I was so happy. I wore those glasses so happy and then my companion was like hey man you’re more use to this than me so I gave him the glasses. Its really weird how that works but the people who live in Juarez almost don’t feel the dust. Like I feel it hit my eyes but they’ve gotten used to it and it doesn’t hurt as much as my companion that is almost paralyzed by it. 

Then yesterday we were walking home at night and off in the distance it was raining and lightening. And we saw some big lightning. So, we’re walking home and suddenly the street lamps turn on right above us but it turned on kind of slow or I don’t know but the way it turned on me and my companion thought that a lightning was going strike us. We almost had a heart attack because everything got bright. Then we realized that it was the street lamp and we started laughing.

Crazy stuff. Can’t wait to see two new missionaries on Wednesday. Have a great week


No comments:

Post a Comment