Monday, April 18, 2016

 Early Morning Packing
 Washing Laundry
Drying Laundry



Spencer didn’t’ send his regular email last week. I asked what happened and he replied: I wrote one - I think - But I think it got stopped and detained by border patrol or something...Sorry I had a three hour P'day last time so I was a little rushed. I thought I sent one but it must have died in a black hole or something.

Ha I found it. Sorry it´s a little late but I guess I didn´t click the send button.
So this week was a little different than the rest. I don`t think that you`ll understand the how it truly felt but I´ll try my best.

So this day we had a wonderful lunch of steak and potatoes. But it was a little hot this day and we were walking up in the mountains almost all day. So when we got to the house and I put my head on the pillow I just passed out. I was so tired and the bed felt so nice. So close your eyes and pretend that your sleeping like sleeping beauty. It was super comfortable like wearing wool slippers on a winter night. Ok now you can open your eyes but just a little bit because you’re still tired. At this point I saw my companion talking on the phone which is normal because I fall asleep before he reports. Then I hear the dreaded word cambios especiales (special changes). You can start crying right now because that word in Spanish is a cuss and bye bye word. My companion comes in and looks at me and says cambios especiales. I look at my watch and it`s 12:00 at night and we have to be at the offices a 0700 in the morning. I was like “so what did he say?” My companion said “I`m going to Mariano Escobelo and you are staying here as Mayor (senior).”. So my companion starts packing for Mariano and I go back to bed. But I can`t because there is no way to go back to the comfy slippers again. So I stay up to help my companion pack. This is what we looked like (first picture).

So we blast some MoTAB (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) and get to work. The police came by, I turned the MoTAB down a bit and we kept working. We packed and went back to bed.

I have to go because we have a zone meeting.

Love you lots,
Elder Nelson 


Sorry about the last letter. Last week was a bit crazy. We ended up with just three hours to wash, shop and write which is a little hectic. I´m not sure what p'day means in America but here it means pathetic, panic, phrustrating (yes that´s spelt with a ph) and poco tiempo (little time). But it was cool that we had the zone meeting because I got to see all of my old companions that I´ve had. 

So sometimes I walk in Mexico and something happens and I realize that I´m not in Texas any more. For example, the day it rained (Monday or Tuesday or something like that) it stopped and it was all good smelling. So it´s about 6 or 7 and we’re walking and we hear drum beats. My companion is like oh that must be the rain dancers. The what? Matachinas. What´s a Matachina? So we keep walking up the hill and we find a group of kids and adults dressed. No Joke. Like the Indians, beating drums and dancing around San Judas. Well that´s a little weird if you ask me. That´s almost as weird as the time when we asked for referencias from a contacto. We asked: "Is there someone here you know that had a baby recently or a death in the family" and he says "yes there is a death up there" and we walk to the house with a recent death and a funeral procession is lined up coming down the road. Maybe tomorrow. 

There is another funny experience we had this week where we were teaching a sister in the ward. We didn´t have anything to do and we passed by to see how she was doing. So were teaching this less active and then someone knocks on the door. (Now at this point yáll are like did the police bust in and deport you or a drug deal gone wrong, No) So she says: Quiénes son? and the people answer Los Misioneros (Now yáll are saying oh the JWs busted in. No, just wait for me to finish) So they say los misioneros and the Elders from the other area walk in. Hold up. I know I'm new and all but what's going on we’re teaching the lesson here. It cracks me up to this day the scene of them and us standing there like "what on earth?" Silly Eldercitos

One last story. So we go to contact a lady and she comes out but she´s like I´m too busy. I have too much English home work. Ok we´ll help you with it. So we are helping her but it´s hard. No word bank no spaces just missing letters who knows how many and really bad pictures. So there´s one with a lady on the phone and it is ( P    o    i       g) The answer´s phoning. When is the last time I've said: “Sorry Mom I´m too busy. I´m phoning right now." or what´s your favorite activity? Phoning! So after that worksheet I feel like I am both illiterate in English and Spanish. 

Well I have to let you go but I hope you guys have a fun week.

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment